DEPARTMENT OF ZOOLOGY
ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED DURING THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2016 – 2017
1. 22nd July, 2016 - Guest Lecture On Diversified Aquaculture And Agriculture by Bandaru Srinivasa Rao, Aqua Farmer, ICAR Awardee, NG Ranga Diversified Agriculture, Guntur
2. 24th September, 2016- Organised a Voluntary Blood Donation Awareness Programme. Dr. T. V. S. N. Sastry, Additional DM & HO, Krishna Dt, Vijayawada addressed the gathering.
3. 30th November, 2016 – HIV/AIDS Awareness Programme. Dr. Madan Mohan, Chief Medical Officer, Red Cross Blood Bank, Vijayawada was the resource person for the programme.
4. 1st December, 2016, organised a rally on the occasion of World AIDS Day on HIV/AIDS in collaboration with RRC & NSS of our college.
5. 25th January 2016, organised the biological tour with Botany Department to visit and have personal experience on Poultry farm (Prathuru), Birds Sanctuary (Uppalapadu), Animal Husbandry and Agricultural University(Lam), Guntur
6. 8th February, 2017 organised a Guest lecture on Ornamental Fish Culture – Construction of fish tanks and its maintenance. Ghar and Sansar shop owner Mahesh Agarwal, demonstrated the whole process and helped us to set our Department aquarium.
7. 21st February, 2017, arranged a guest lecture on Water Analysis by Mr. T. Vidya Sagar, Senior Environmental Scientists, AP Pollution Control Board, VIJAYAWADA.
Visit of Officials to our Zoology Museum
8. DECEMBER 6,7,8th Students participated in various competitions conducted by Gora Science Exhibition and won prizes.